Disclaimer: This post is part of the SPLENDA® Brand Sweet Life blogger program by McNeil Nutritionals, LLC. and The Motherhood, who sent me products and compensated me for my time. Opinions, experiences and photos shared here are my own, and I hope you
Every year around this time, I try my best to “Spring Clean”. Of course this always includes my house. I take time to clean out my closets, organize my room, clean out and organize my cabinets. This year, part of my Spring cleaning has included replacing junk foods with less added sugars. I need to work on keeping myself healthier. The older I get, the more I notice my health taking a decline and I am not liking it! I just can not give up my sweets! My family has a horrible history of diabetes so I have decided that my biggest step is to limit sugars and swap them for alternatives with less added sugars. My mom swears by SPLENDA® brand sweetener and it seems to agree well with her diabetes, so a few months back we made the switch to SPLENDA® and my husband and I could not be happier! When I cleaned out my cabinets this past week during my Spring cleaning, I made sure all sugar was gone and only my trusted SPLENDA® sweetener remained. I use it in all my beverages already, but after checking out all the recipe ideas on SweetSwaps.com, I am now using it for everything else! And I just found out they also have brown sugar from SPLENDA®… I have to get some of that… brown sugar is my husbands addiction! As our welcome to Spring, warm days, ripe fruits, and yummy desserts, my son and I decided to make some delicious banana bread for ourselves and the guys at my husbands job. I swapped out the sugar for SPLENDA® and now I know next time I can switch out the brown sugar as well to cut back on even more calories! Check out this great sweet swap idea using SPLENDA®!
- 4 over ripe Bananas
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup SPLENDA® granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) melted and slightly cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mash bananas and cinnamon in a bowl. (I like to leave a few small lumps!) Set aside.
- Mix SPLENDA®, brown sugar, salt and baking soda in a large mixing bowl with a fork.
- Add in butter, eggs, vanilla and sour cream using a mixer on low.
- Slowly add flour and continue mixing until well blended.
- Mix in bananas and cinnamon mixture. Blend for about 1 minute until well mixed.
- Pour mixture into greased mini loaf pan (I prefer mini loaves, but you can use a regular pan if desired) fill each half way. Will make 4 mini loaves or 2 full sized loaves.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
*While hot banana bread my be tasty, I find it cuts much better if you allow it to cool completely first. So avoid the temptation and let it cool!
This banana bread is absolutely delicious and so moist! My husband took it to work and no one even noticed it wasn’t made with sugar! I love that SPLENDA® can be used in place of sugar in recipes and taste just as good! I have never had another sweetener be this good.
Do you have any favorite foods you like to swap SPLENDA® in? Feel free to share your ideas below! Want to find out more about SPLENDA®? Join us tomorrow, March 31,at 1 PM EST for a fun twitter party! Check out the details below! Hope to see you there.
Twitter Party Details
Celebrate spring by renewing and refreshing all aspects of life – including your recipe repertoire. We’ll be sharing seasonal recipes from The SPLENDA® SWEET SWAPS™ page along with some tips to help you make smart, balanced decisions as part of your lifestyle.
You can see the details and RSVP via this Vite: http://vite.io/themotherhood
Of course there are chances to win great prizes as well so don’t miss out!