I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Stride Rite. I received products to facilitate my review and thank me for my participation.
Halloween is almost here! This is one of my favorite holidays. Even more so this year because my son will get to go trick or treating for the first time! He has been so excited and just waiting for the day to get here. We recently picked out his costume and that has made it even more exciting for him since he got to be one of his favorite characters… Lightning McQueen from Cars! The costume is perfect. It comes with a cute little jumpsuit, a hat, and even little headphones to wear. The only thing we were missing was shoes. He has many pairs, but non quite fit in with the costume. Boy were we excited when given the opportunity to review a pair from Stride Rite just in time for Halloween! Needless to say, we got the perfect pair to complete his costume. What do you think?!
So what does Stride Rite have to do with Halloween you may ask? Well at this point A LOT! They have a line of shoes that is the perfect target for anyone looking to complete their costume. Stride Rite’s Halloween Collection has shoes to fit many of today’s popular costumes from Sesame Street and Disney to Spider Man and Darth Vadar! They also have the Racer Lights as I chose above. I thought these were perfect since he is Lightning McQueen! These come in different colors to match different costumes very well. And even better, they are practical and can be worn any time of the year!
They have an amazing design that we love! The color combinations are perfect and the color pops so well! These babies are built for style which my little man absolutely loves! I love the quality and comfort of the shoe.
They are so well made, the soles look like they can handle anything he will throw at them! I love the breathable mesh since his little feet sweat so easily.They fit like a glove! No slipping and sliding off his feet and the velcro is very durable unlike cheap quality shoes I have seen where the velcro doesn’t even stay closed! BUT my little one LOVES one particular feature best! The racer lights! (of course, right?!) As he walks, there are lights that start towards the toe and race up the side of the shoe!
Yes, these truly were the perfect choice for him! The color, the design, and the super cool racing lights make them the perfect compliment for his costume! I love that the lights will make him easily visible while walking door to door for Halloween! That’s a built in safety feature that anyone could appreciate! And being made by Stride Rite, I know it is a brand I can trust and will last me a long time. And to see how happy they make him is just a win all over again!
While the costumes and shoes are great, we also have to remember to make Halloween as safe as possible! Not only does Stride Rite offer the comfort of knowing your child will be visible with super cute light up shoes for Halloween, they are also offering up some great Halloween tips to follow. Check them out below!
HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS
- Children should always go trick-or-treating with a responsible adult.
- If you are not going trick-or-treating with your children, make sure you know what streets they will be visiting. Provide a cell phone so they can check in with you.
- Provide children with flashlights to carry or use glow sticks as part of their costume.
- Remind children to stay together as a group and walk from house to house.
- Make trick-or-treating a “no running” game so they will not fall while having fun.
- Review how to cross a street with your child. Look left, right and left again to be sure no cars are approaching before crossing the street.
- Decide the time your children will go out trick-or-treating and what time they will return home.
- Make a rule that children will not eat any treat until it has been brought home and examined by a grown-up.
I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween! What do your little ones plan to be? What tips do you have to add to the list to make it safe as possible? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments below!